Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Citrix & Windows Terminal Server (Beta)
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Citrix & Windows Terminal Server (Beta)
Topic: permissions in non owned directies Post Reply Post New Topic
pinbot

Quote pinbot Replybullet Topic: permissions in non owned directies
    Posted: 11 Apr 06 at 6:42PM
Instalation via add/remove programs on a Win2k Terminal Server worked nicely and users are able to print fine to directories that they own.

Unfortunately, in directories to which they have full access but they do not own, they end up with file use restrictions. (the business where you have to go into file properties and check 'allow inheritable permissions from parent...')

There must be some way around this as a few of the other pdf generating virtual printers I've tested have not had this problem with terminal services.

Is this by any chance an upcoming fix? Or maybe someone has a tip on how to change the permission structure (though since other apps work fine, this seems less than idea)

The thing is that PDF reDirect's merge funcionality is the best I've seen and that is an important selection criterion.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 06 at 1:32AM
   Hmmm. Can't commit to a fix right now as I am not sure what the problem is (had not heard of this problem before), but I'll take a look to see if I can duplicate the problem. It certainly sounds like you did everything right (ie installing via the control panel).

Afterwards, I would fully expect that creating the PDF files should work fine if the user has RW, regardless of ownership.

Will let you know (after my taxes are done). Cheers!

Michel.

Edited by Michel_K17
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 07 at 1:00AM
Hi,

By the way, I think the problem was fixed in the latest version (v2.1.912) - check the download page for the upgrade patch.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version