Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Programming
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Programming
Topic: Problems sending PDF via Outlook 2019 Post Reply Post New Topic
David_Carle

Quote David_Carle Replybullet Topic: Problems sending PDF via Outlook 2019
    Posted: 05 Dec 19 at 5:32PM
When using Convert2PdfAndEmail, it successfully generates the PDF but the PDF reDirect Emailing progress bar stops at around 75-80% and just stops.

A dialog message appears stating:
"Microsoft Office Outlook

Either there is no default mail client, or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client"

However, within Windows 10 - Settings - Apps - Default - Mail - this is set to Outlook 2019

The PCs are transitioning from Office 2003 to Office 2019, so have both versions of Office installed, 'though I believe that only Outlook 2019 is installed. The generation of PDFs and emailing them previously worked when using Outlook 2007.

Any suggestions?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 19 at 4:19PM
Hello,

Sorry: I do no have Outlook 2019 for testing, and purchases/usage of the programming ActiveX has been so low that I am no longer including it with purchases.

These are the things I would look for:
1. That MAPI is turned on in Outlook settings, and is allowing connections from external programs;
2. That Outlook is properly regeistered as a MAPI provider, as explaiend by Microsoft help here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2698523/mapi-solutions-do-not-work-because-outlook-exe-is-not-properly-registe

Other than that, I checked my log of past customer support tickets, and did not find any entries similar to yours, so I am unable to find a ready-made answer.

Good luck - I hope you are able to fix it.
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
David_Carle

Quote David_Carle Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 19 at 5:09PM
Hi Michel
Thanks for your reply.

I don't think this is specifically an Outlook 2019 issue. Posts that I have seen go back as far as Office 2010.

Can you please expand on turning on MAPI in Outlook settings - I didn't see any reference to it (in File - Options)?

Other posts advise that the issue may relate to 32bit apps using 64bit versions of Outlook. Is PDF reDirect Pro 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks, David
IP IP Logged
David_Carle

Quote David_Carle Replybullet Posted: 11 Dec 19 at 11:59AM
Hi Michel
I have followed the instruction at https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-find-out-if-program-or-executable-file-64-bit-or-32-bit.htm
This suggests that C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF reDirect\PDF_reDirect.exe is 32 bit (as does the Program Files (x86) part I guess).

If so ...
1. Is there a 64bit version available, or planned?
2. Can you confirm that PDF reDirect Pro will send emails to 64 bit versions of Outlook?

Thanks, David
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 19 at 1:06AM
Hello David,

I think you have hit the problem on the nail. PDF reDirect is indeed a 32bit app, and is not compatible with 64 bit versions of Outlook (or any other MS Office apps that are 64 bit).

Although I did upgrade the printer drivers included with PDF reDirect to include 64 bit drivers, the main user interface remains a 32 bit interface, and unfortunately, I have no plans to upgrade that part of the code. (sorry).

Best,

Michel
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version