Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Installation Errors
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Installation Errors
Topic: Reg error Port Monitor Failed (3006) Post Reply Post New Topic
martyb

Quote martyb Replybullet Topic: Reg error Port Monitor Failed (3006)
    Posted: 23 Aug 11 at 1:19PM
I've used Pro for several months but it recently started to produce blank PDFs and gave me occasional error messages. I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall it but get an error message saying

"Sorry. An error occurred while Installing new PDF reDirect Port Monitor ...... FAILED (3006).
- Error Number = 0:
- DLL Error Number = 3006" The specified print monitor has already been installed.

I tried rebooting and scanning for left over components using Revo Uninstall, but nothing seems to be working. Any thoughts?  
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 11 at 12:42AM
Hi,

Generally, this problem indicates that the Windows Print Spooler service is not turned on, not responding, or not working. Usually, a reboot should work. I am not sure why this is not the case for you.

There are a couple of things you could try, but the easiest would be to try the Windows "restore" feature that would allow you to roll back to a point in time where the computer was working.

If going back to a restore point works, then my recommendation would be to proceed with an upgrade to  v2.5.2 by doing a reboot first (this will ensure that the Windows Print Spooler service is not encumbered), then doing the remove/re-install.

If the problem continues, I would check if any of your printers accidentally had their printer port set to use the PDF reDirect printer port. If that is the case, then select the proper port, and then you should be able to remove PDF reDirect properly.

Let me know if you still can't get it working, in which case I might be able to offer an alternative.

Best regards,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
martyb

Quote martyb Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 11 at 7:25PM
I rolled the clock back but am still having errors. When I open PDF ReDirect, I get the message:
"An error occured while loading the language file English.txt. It is possible the file is corrupted."

Then, when I proceed, I get another message, twice:

"Sorry: an error occurred in frmMain.Load
1 00380 - invalid property value
2  OK"

The program loads after this, goes into a "Not Responding" mode for a minute or two, then seems ok, but I'm not trusting it with any of my work yet.

Would it be smart to try to completely uninstall it and start over, or install over the existing program?

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 11 at 11:57PM
Hi,

I would definitely try this:

1. Reboot (very important)
  2. Uninstall
  3. Delete the folder C:\Users\USERNAME\Application Data\PDF reDirect
  4. Re-install
   This will give you your best chance of a successful fix. Step #1 ensures that the Port Monitor will release the Port Monitor, and #3 is only in case the settings file (normally not deleted during uninstall) is corrupted.

I hope this does the trick.

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
martyb

Quote martyb Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 11 at 1:36PM
Darn I'm back to the same place... I uninstalled the program, deleted the folder, tried reinstalling PDF ReDirect, but again get the error message that the specified print monitor has already been installed. I'll try rebooting and reinstalling again, but I'm starting to think that I wasted my money upgrading to the pro version. Bummer!
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 11 at 2:02AM
Hi Marty,

I am sorry to hear that the problem is not getting better.

BTW: no worries about your money: if I can't help you fix it, I'll gladly refund your money.

In the mean time, there are a couple of other ways we can try to deal with this problem. Here are some instructions (Note: this requires editing the registry which you will need to do at your own risk as it is possible to damage your computer if the wrong entries are deleted)

1. Reboot
  2. Uninstall PDF reDirect (as best you can - ignore any error messages)
  3. Go through each of your printers >> Right-Click >> Device Properties >> Ports Tab and make sure that none are using the PDF reDirect Port (PDF_REDIRECT_PORT).
  4. Start the registry editor (regedit) as an administrator
  5. Find the following key, and delete it (and the subkeys):
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\PDF reDirect Monitor
  6. Close Regedit & reboot
  7. Re-install PDF reDirect Pro
     Hopefully this will do the trick for you.

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
martyb

Quote martyb Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 11 at 7:00PM
Sorry for the slow response... I had to regain Administrator rights to mess with my registry. Got the key deleted and have been able to re-install now. I'll post in a different area if I still have operational issues. I really appreciate your guiding me thru this sticky uninstall situation.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 11 at 9:22PM
Hi Marty,

No worries. Very glad to hear that you made some headway.

Cheers!

Michel

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version