Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Programming
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Programming
Topic: Access 2010 VBA Merge PDFS Post Reply Post New Topic
Slin

Quote Slin Replybullet Topic: Access 2010 VBA Merge PDFS
    Posted: 28 Jul 11 at 6:39PM
Hi,

I'm getting error code 429 activex component can't create object when trying to run the sample code for merging pdfs in VBA.

I'm using windows 7 ultimate 64bit with office 2010 64bit installed and I have installed pdf redirect pro and the activex compenent v2.5.2 with sample code on teh machine.

Are there any dependencies I am missing or need installed or does this not work with access 2010 64bit yet?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 11 at 1:37AM
Hi,

I have Access 2010 - 64bit version on my PC, and it works for me.

Does the Access example work I have included with the ActiveX work OK as is? Or do you get the 429 error as well?

I would also check to see that the ActiveX is properly registered. If you familiar with the regsvr32 command, you can try to register the ActiveX manually, and see if that fixes the issue.

I hope this helps,

Michel

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Slin

Quote Slin Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 11 at 10:12AM
The sample/example as is did not work either, there were two errors.

1. I had to include ptrsafe into the private declare functions/subs declarations.
2. When trying to convert to pdf, it went to the error handler of Convert2Pdf sub

Yes I have tried using the regsvr32 command running the command prompt as an administrator and registering C:\Program Files (x86)\PDF reDirect\ActiveX_PDF_Pro_v25002.dll

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 11 at 7:28PM
Hi Slin,

I did some research on the internet, and it seems like I stand corrected, and I probably owe you an apology.

On the Microsoft web site, I have found the following information: Existing 32-bit ActiveX controls, both third-party and Microsoft-supplied, are not compatible with the 64-bit version of Office 2010.

So, even though I thought I had the 64 bit version of Office (there was an Office14 folder in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14) it turns out there were just a few files there, and the applications were in the Program Files (x86) folder. Therefore, I have the 32bit version of Office10.

In summary: there is no immediate solution short of re-writing and re-compiling the ActiveX to a 64bit version. Unfortunately, this will be at least a year away as I work on an improved version of PDF reDirect for now.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
CharlieSy

Quote CharlieSy Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 12 at 9:56AM
The great power of VBA programming in Office 2010 is that nearly every operation that you can perform with a mouse, keyboard, or a dialog box can also be done by using VBA. -Madison Pharmacy Associates
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version