Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Programming
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Programming
Topic: Changing email Address at Run Time Post Reply Post New Topic
davidprogrammer

Quote davidprogrammer Replybullet Topic: Changing email Address at Run Time
    Posted: 16 Jul 10 at 12:23PM
Is it possible at runtime to override the email address set in a PDFDirect batch printer.  I am accumulating several Access reports using a PDFCombo batch printer, and when the last is printed, I am loading another batch printer (PDFemail) that emails the PDF to the main office.   More than one user uses the computer, and I can tie the email to the user logged in.    I was thinking of some override on a property like:

pdfEmail.emailaddress="new.abc.com"

I didn't see anything addressing that in the vba download.

Thanks,

David Parham

I know I can do this by making a separate PDFemail batch printer for each user and setting it to that printer at run time, but I was hoping for a simpler fix.

If this is possible, how about overriding the email text? 

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 17 Jul 10 at 1:12AM
Hi,

You have a couple of options. One is to change the batch printer settings files (a simple ini text file) located here:

WinXP: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\PDF reDirect\Batch_Printers

Win 7: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PDF reDirect\Batch_Printers

Your second option is to use my ActiveX control to change the batch printer settings in-between jobs. You can get the ActiveX control from [here].

I hope that helps!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
davidprogrammer

Quote davidprogrammer Replybullet Posted: 17 Jul 10 at 2:22PM
I appreciate the help.   Do you have further information as to how to use the activex options?      The information inside of the Access program for VBA is limited, and I don't have VB6 loaded on my laptop anymore so I can't view the information in the vb6 code.

David Parham
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 21 Jul 10 at 11:57PM
Hi,

For the VB6 code, you can open the files in Notepad, and then copy/paste into Outlook VBA. My guess is that it should be 80% compatible, with small tweaks for the rest.

Effectively, once you have the reference set in Outlook VBA to my ActiveX component, most of the commands can be viewed via the auto-complete feature. The Access sample (or the Excel/Word ones) are all quite similar, and the code is documented, demonstrating all of the features.

Hopefully, I am making sense. When I have some time, I might create a demo for Outlook, as I can see how that could be useful to many people.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version