Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Printing error from MS Project Post Reply Post New Topic
rbarry

Quote rbarry Replybullet Topic: Printing error from MS Project
    Posted: 24 Oct 06 at 11:42PM

I've been using PDF redirect for a few weeks now and I've been very happy with the product.  Today I installed software to convert a PDF to Word but ever since the PDF redirect has been failing.  I have since uninstalled the other program and PDF Redirect and re-installed PDF redirect but I still get the error:

Data Processor for PDF reDirect has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how to correct this situation.

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 25 Oct 06 at 1:07AM
Ouch. I have not heard of this problem before. Can I ask what program you installed that may have caused the problem? If anything, I can try to install it here to see if I can duplicate the problem. Was the program a demo or the full version?

Unfortunately, that error message is pretty bad and is generated by Windows when it cannot get a program started. But as you can tell, it fails to give a reason for the problem. If you have access to a commercial Windows Registry cleaner, you could try that, and then re-install DPF reDirect.

Another possibility is to "roll back" your computer to a date when PDF reDirect was working OK. This feature requires Windows XP and is called "System Restore". To get to the wizard, Go to your Start Menu >> Help and type "System Restore" in the search box. Finally, select the topic called "Run the System Restore Wizard".

Let me know if you continue having difficulties. We can try one more thing.
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version