Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Combine and extract Post Reply Post New Topic
claytonsdxu

Quote claytonsdxu Replybullet Topic: Combine and extract
    Posted: 03 Dec 13 at 11:51PM
Hi, I am new to this software and still doing research. We are trying to use this one to replace a similar software in some MS Access application. I have been using the example code to export pdf file which is working fine. My question is that is it possible to combine and extract pdf pages in MS Access code?if yes, is there any example code avaliable? Thanks Daniel
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 08 Dec 13 at 3:20PM
Hi Daniel,

Yes you can merge, and if you got the sample Access Code I distribute with the ActiveX Component, then you should be able to find it.

In the Module, look for a Subroutine called "Merge".

The actual method is: oPDF.Utility_Merge_PDF_Files

Unfortunately, I did not program a page "extract" in the ActiveX: sorry.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
claytonsdxu

Quote claytonsdxu Replybullet Posted: 10 Dec 13 at 5:37PM
Hi Michel,

Thanks for your replay. While I am testing this, I have a couple of more issues:
1.I tried to use a serious command to print a job which should print 8 pages. I set the pdf redirect to be Append file to existing files. In my first two tries, it only printed 7 pages. And I can see there was error in the progress window. It maybe because when we send command 1P1;1P11;1P2;1P12...etc. The next page start to print before the previous one completed. Is this possible? If yes, what is the best way to avoid it?
2.How we get the file print to specified folders. Is it possible to program the target folder and target file names on the fly? For example, we need to name the 8 pages like plan1,plan2, plan3,plan4,plan11,plan12,plan13 and plan14, not just a simple sequence number

Thanks
Daniel

IP IP Logged
claytonsdxu

Quote claytonsdxu Replybullet Posted: 10 Dec 13 at 7:23PM
Sorry Michael,

Another thing is I found the pages are mixed up. This may be because the next page start to print before the previous one completed as well.

Cheers
Daniel
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version